Code of Conduct
As tooters on this instance, we pledge to uphold an environment that is radically inclusive with respect for all users of the instance.
We are committed to making participation in this instance an oppression-free experience for everyone, regardless of level of experience, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or nationality.
We define oppression as any language or action that expresses, reinforces, upholds or sympathizes with any form of systemic social domination.
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Personal attacks
- Trolling or insulting/derogatory comments
- Public or private oppressive language or actions
- Other unethical conduct
- Users are empowered and responsible for addressing any abuses of the Code of Conduct such that the project remains an oppression-free experience.
Certain types of content should posted in such a way that you avoid showing it to non-consenting parties. These types of content should:
- Not be used a profile picture
- Be posted with media marked as sensitive
- Not be posted to the public timeline
the above rules apply to content that is:
- Flashing or rapidly changing
Always give credit to the artist for work that you post. A link back to the artist's original post will do, but feel free to give more details (name of artist, work from which the art is excerpted, or anything else that seems relevant).
Nudity / Sex / Kink (NSK)
NSK Content Warnings
Nudity is allowed without a CW as long as no genitals or nipples are shown
- If they are visible in the image they must be censored
- Nipple censoring pertains to any gender
Any sexual imagery must be hidden as a sensitive image
- Sexual imagery is considered to be any sex / kink act regardless of clothing state / nudity
- Sexual imagery and nudity are distinct concepts
- No illegal imagery is allowed regardless of CW state
NSK with a CW do not need to be censored in any way
Violation of the content warning rules will
- An immediate silence when its violated on the federation timeline
- A domain silence when its violated by multiple parties on an instance
- A warning and admin editing your content when its violated by toot.cat users
NSK Consent To Post
NSK should not have other users tagged without their explicit prior consent
Posting NSK that is not of yourself needs to include attribution to the person(s) visible, in such a way that clearly expresses their consent to have that imagery posted
Violation of the consent to post rule will result in
- An immediate suspension when its violated on the federation timeline
- A domain suspension when its violated by multiple parties on an instance
- 1 warning, followed by account deletion when violated by toot.cat users
toot.cat supports and invites sex workers to join our community and will not tolerate any harassment or slurs made at or about sex workers (e.g. "prostitute", "hooker", "whore")
By adopting this Code of Conduct, users commit themselves to fairly and consistently applying these principles to every aspect of using this instance. users who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct may be permanently banned.
This Code of Conduct applies both to toots on toot.cat and to public spaces when an individual is representing toot.cat or its community.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting an admin by using the report button. All reports will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Admins are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.