Jump to navigation Jump to search
We now have a Hubzilla instance online at hub.toot.cat! It federates with Mastodon and Diaspora.Borked by an upgrade; haven't had time to fix.
- 2018-08-15 We've upgraded from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04, compiled Ruby with jemalloc for improved performance, and also upgraded to the latest Mastodon.
- Apparently its the Gems that take most of the time.
- Also, @email@example.com did all the work and has rejoined the TootCat team after a prolonged absence.
- 2018-07-25 We've had more waves of spambot registrations -- yesterday morning and this morning. SOP seems to be handling the problem. It would be nice if we could set a toggle to auto-silence new users during these attacks, because doing it by hand is time-consuming and also allows them a window of attack (which, fortunately, they aren't good at exploiting) between when they register and when I notice it.
- 2018-06-02 The last new spambot account was recorded at 1:20pm (probably EDST) on this day. They stopped quite abruptly.
- 2018-05-30 The SSL certificate failed to renew on the new server. Four hours later, I fixed it.
- 2018-05-22 spambots began creating accounts on toot.cat; we soon implemented a policy of immediately suspending any of these that tooted spam links, and silencing the rest.
- There were a few dozen accounts created as of evening the next day.
- 2018-05-03 Email issues fixed. There nonetheless seems to be a deficit in Mastodon diagnostics.
- 2018-05-01 Ongoing email issues are making me tear my hair out. (How appropriate for May Day!)
- 2018-04-16: working on upgrade and migration
- 2018-01-25: Mastodon software is up-to-date with no major issues.
- 2018-01-02 Dotster finally sorts out that they cannot handle .cat domains
We also operate a Hubzilla instance at hub.toot.cat.as of January 2021, this is having issues and is unusable.
- @LottieVixen joined the admin team sometime in the early weeks of 2018, and did excellent work migrating (from the original server image set up by the founding team) to a new system. (Lottie is still an admin but is not currently active as a mod as of late 2020.)
- @kity (formerly @ashkitten) rejoined the team (this time as an admin, having been only a moderator previously) in mid-August, and performed a lot of upgrade-and-optimization work in a very short span of time. (ash is still a mod but is taking an extended hiatus from the fediverse as of late 2020.)