Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you're having trouble receiving email confirmation:
- Microsoft's email servers tend to block messages from our servers. This includes HotMail, Outlook.com, and even some university mail systems. Getting the blocks removed and keeping them removed takes more time-resources than we currently have available – and, lately, seems to be basically impossible: this appears to be a Microsoft problem, not a technical issue on our end. If you sign up using an email at one of these services, you will not be able to complete the process – so obviously we recommend against using them. (Microsoft seems to be keen on basically de-federating from the emailverse.)
- If you are having trouble receiving the sign-up confirmation email on a non-Microsoft email account, please email email@example.com to let me know. – Woozle (talk) 14:05, 27 October 2021 (UTC)
- 2022-05-06 @woozle: GMail has suddenly started bouncing our emails...: I haven't confirmed whether toot.cat's emails are affected, but GMail is definitely blocking messages sent from one of our other servers (both are on DigitalOcean), so it seems likely.
- 2022-05-07 UPDATE: No, it was just cloud1. The error message from Google was completely misleading; the problem was that the server had been redlisted by Spamhaus, and I was able to get it de-listed. (No reason was given for why it got redlisted.)
- 2022-04-28 @woozle: I need to figure out what to do about people signing up for #TootCat (with) #Microsoft email addresses...
- 2021-10-27 @woozle: ... I need to put in a link to our new warning about Microsoft's email servers being chronically rude to me. ...