text2toot is a connector which allows posting to Mastodon via texting from your phone. It was written by ash on 2019-01-25 and the source code is available on GitHub. It requires Twilio, or some other similar phone system back-end, to send and receive the texts.
In theory, it can be used with any instance.
More detailed setup instructions will be added as soon as I can.
- (no command, media attached)
- uploads media to instance for inclusion in next toot
- clears currently pending attachments
- post.visibility[content warning] post content
- sends toot, additionally including any pending media
- visibility is optional; defaults to global
- content warning is optional; defaults to none
- register [instance] [token]
- sets current login
- notify subscribe
- subscribes to mention notifications
- notify unsubscribe
- unsubscribes from mention notifications