Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to MediaWiki!
We also offer space for Catalonian/Catalan interests, in order to help satisfy the .cat TLD requirements.
- Pub: index
- Mew:About: what this wiki is about
- user/woozle: Woozle's public pages
- user/woozle/malusers: list of fediverse trolls, ideologues, and jerks
- 2020-03-31 site going down for an upgrade
- 2018-10-11 We now have a Hubzilla instance online at hub.toot.cat! It federates with Mastodon and Diaspora.
- 2018-08-15 We've upgraded from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04, compiled Ruby with jemalloc for improved performance, and also upgraded to the latest Mastodon.
- Apparently its the Gems that take most of the time.
- Also, @firstname.lastname@example.org did all the work and has rejoined the TootCat team after a prolonged absence.
- 2018-07-25 We've had more waves of spambot registrations -- yesterday morning and this morning. SOP seems to be handling the problem. It would be nice if we could set a toggle to auto-silence new users during these attacks, because doing it by hand is time-consuming and also allows them a window of attack (which, fortunately, they aren't good at exploiting) between when they register and when I notice it.
- 2018-06-02 The last new spambot account was recorded at 1:20pm (probably EDST) on this day. They stopped quite abruptly.
- 2018-05-30 The SSL certificate failed to renew on the new server. Four hours later, I fixed it.
- 2018-05-22 spambots began creating accounts on toot.cat; we soon implemented a policy of immediately suspending any of these that tooted spam links, and silencing the rest.
- There were a few dozen accounts created as of evening the next day.
- 2018-05-03 Email issues fixed. There nonetheless seems to be a deficit in Mastodon diagnostics.
- 2018-05-01 Ongoing email issues are making me tear my hair out. (How appropriate for May Day!)
- 2018-04-16: working on upgrade and migration
- 2018-01-25: Mastodon software is up-to-date with no major issues.
- 2018-07-03 The #ForkTogether project now has a wiki.
- Sina of cutie.space announced (cache) that she will no longer be serving Mastodon from that domain, effective within a matter of hours, due to a decline in users, and will be replacing it (cache) with something less resource-intensive.
- witches.town goes offline
- Woozle posts a reassurance that toot.cat will not be going away anytime soon.
- 2018-04-27 Ginny McQueen of kitty.town posted on Medium asking for help; Woozle posted about it on Google+.
- 2018-04-02 The sysop of witches.town announced that the site will be shutting down on April 30.
- There is at least one other Mastodon wiki.